Monday, September 24, 2007

EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

We got engaged Saturday night (technically at like 1:15 a.m. Sunday morning) in Champaign, IL. We were playing a show at the Cowboy Monkey as part of the Pygmalion Music Festival, and headlining our particular show were our very dear friends Elsinore.

A few weeks ago, Steve had emailed Ryan from Elsinore to see if they would be willing to learn a cover song for their set, to set the perfect tone for a (drumroll) marriage proposal. They graciously agreed and got to work learning the song (which didn't take long, since they are 5 different shades of amazing), while Steve plotted the other crucial details.

The night of the show, Steve told Kiley that the band had asked him to videotape their set, and he explained that Eric would be splitting the camera duties with him. Ryan clued Steve in as to when they would be playing the special song (Hawksley Workman's "It Shall Be"), and Steve arranged to pass the camera off to Eric just beforehand.

The rest is, as they say, on video...



By the way, Kiley has watched that like, 5 times, and she still cries every time. It's so adorable.

And for the ladies, here's a couple ring photos (a little blurry, yes - we'll get some super sharp and sparkly ones up soon):



And lastly, we're going to kind of use this blog to keep all of you who have an unhealthy obsession with wedding details and really want to know what's going on - both with our engagement, and other trivial tidbits - well, we'll try to keep you posted. No guarantees.

We love you all and, more importantly, we love each other! Almost too much! Gross!

Cheers and Always,
Poko and Wops

8 comments:

Cat McMillan said...

Congratulations! What a great video. Kinda made me tear up also. This may be a little selfish, but thank you both for giving me something to smile about during this difficult time. Love you.

Catusflower

Anonymous said...

You both know how much I love you, or at least I hope you do. I am so excited for the both of you and can't wait to start the planning! ;)

And, I admit, I cried when watching the video. Kiley your passion for life gets me every time. Love you!

(And since we are using childhood nicknames here),

Love,
Noodle
aka Nicole

D said...

you made me cry on my keyboard you jerks. please let me be the one to film your upcoming reality tv show on vh1. i love you guys. congratulations!

Unknown said...

such a fantastic moment. i make a nice appearance as the guy in the yellow shirt trying to cover up his mistiness with laughter.

if anyone would like to download a soundboard copy of the song happening in the background, you can do so here:

click me

Jay DeVore said...

Hey, your friends sounds pretty good. I wouldn't mind seeing the whole show.

FYI my address is:
3252 E. Madison St.
Seattle, WA 98112

Props.

Unknown said...

Nerds.

But I love ya.

Maura said...

Congratulations you guys. Since we recently got married, my advice is not to get too caught up in the details. Remember what you're doing and that there are very few things that can stop you from getting married. So if the cake/flowers/dress/family affairs/anything else gets messed up, just breathe and roll with the punches. It's really awesome that you have a video. I'm not much of a sentimental lady, but it was really cute. I'm dying to know-Kiley was this what you thought was going to happen?

Youngblood said...

Steve, I don't think I've met you yet, but I just wanted to say that you quite possibly could be the luckiest man alive. I've know Kiley for many years now and although I never even dated her in her single days, she still set the standard for what I've looked for in girls.
So to Kiley - I'm so excited for yall about this announcement! I better be getting an invite as soon as you get those ready...and yes I will be there Lord willing.
The video and everything is awesome...that sounds like it was every bit as magical as it should be.